We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerned about bad reviews of Berjaya

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Concerned about bad reviews of Berjaya

We are heading to KL and then onto Berjaya in a couple of weeks time and I was checking the reviews to see if anyone had commented on the building work that out Tour Operator has mentioned and I got a bit concerned about some of the older reviews on the site. The newer ones made me feel a bit better but I would appreciate any further feedback

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,368 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerned about bad reviews of Berjaya

Hi

The Berjaya is in its own grounds which cover a vast area of land. The building works are at one end of the resort where they are building more chalets overlooking the sea, and your chalet will be no where near this.

October will be my 4th visit to the Berjaya and this building work has been going on for every one of my previous visits and has never affected my stay at all.

There are other posts on this site relating to the building work, some by people who have visited the Berjaya this year, whose holiday was not spoilt by this.

To be doubly sure, when you check in at reception you could always ask to be in chalets away from this work, but I am sure they will have done this anyway.

If you are looking for a holiday of total relaxation then the Berjaya is the place for you and I am sure you will love it.

If I can help any further, please let me know. Talking about Langkawi helps to bring my own holiday at little nearer!

Lesley

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerned about bad reviews of Berjaya

Thanks for that Lesley

The hotel have advised that we will be nowhere near the building works - we are in a deluxe seafacing room - whatever that means. I am glad to see that you have been to the hotel several times because some of the general reviews made my heart sink. I take it you think that the bad comments are a load of old rubbish?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,368 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerned about bad reviews of Berjaya

Hi again

Some of the reviews make me wonder whether I have stayed in the same place as they have!!

I can honestly say I have never found anything to complain about at the Berjaya and as you are in a delux chalet you should be ok. All the staff are friendly, helpful people who will make you very welcome.

If I can give you one tip and that is to lock your balcony door when you go out as the monkeys have learned to slide the doors open and they will get into your room a cause havoc!! They particularly like crisps and yoghurt and can often be seen taking all the rubbish out of the waste bins to find empty yoghurt pots.

As the Berjaya is in a rain forest, theres lots of wildlife to see - flying squirels, hornbills, monitor lizards and eagles as well as the monkeys. A camera is a must.

You will have to take a trip into Kuah town as everything is duty free and cigs and booze really cheap. Bottle of Bombay Saphire for about 5 GBP!

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Lesley