We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Langkawi?

London, England
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Langkawi?

We are planning a trip to Langkawi in October, but I have just discovered it's the rainy at that time...should we reschedule? or is it still a nice time to go?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Langkawi?

This year will be my 4th trip to Langkawi in October.

Although it is the rainy season, most times it only rains torrentially for about an hour and then back to lovely sunshine. People do not even move from the beach, just get under the beach umbrella.

There are some spectacular thunder storms, quite often not accompanied by rain.

I think there is a saying in Malaysia that if you dont like the weather, wait an hour! A bit like here in the UK.

The rain has never spoilt my holiday there although I suppose this year it could pour down continuously for the whole 2 weeks!

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Langkawi?

Hi There,

I have been in November but not October. We had beautiful weather out of the 3 weeks we had a couple of days where it rained.

August we had a few days of rain.

April we had a couple of days of rain.

Langkawi is beautiful any time but don't forget it is tropical rain forest so it has to get some rain.

The rain is warm the storms are terrific and then the weather is lovely again.

Just go and enyoy it.

Level Contributor
65 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Langkawi?

hi leigh,

any idea on the weather there for this week? i am 3 days to my langkawi trip! woohoo!