We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving

Wrexham, Wales
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Diving

Hi there,

I'll be in Langkawi for the last week of my honeymoon start of September. I've only been diving twice, but two very different experiences: 1st was in Cozumel, Mexico, which was the most amazing thing I've ever done. 2nd was in Corfu, which I thought was crap as there were practically no fish and the coral was mostly dead. Snorkelling there was a bit better.

I'm not Padi qualified, nor is my partner, but we would love to go scuba diving on a trip whilst we are in Langkawi. I know the visibility is poor due to the lime in the water, but where is a good place to book a trip? Or is snorkelling the best option in Langkawi? Any help/advice would be appreciated taverymuch...

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving

Pulau Payar has higher visibility than Cozumel in my opinion. There is also a HUGE variety of fish. You can catch a package dive trip here from the Kuah pier.

Wrexham, Wales
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving

new2203 - you are invaluable. Thank you very much - this we WILL do!

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving

I dived Pulau Payar Easter 2004. Found the Visability to be superb. Best Dive ever was our 2nd dive day here.

Shark, Ray, Eel, SeaSnakes, Trigger, Barracuda, as well as all the hundreds of Tropical fish.

Take your PADI course work and exam at home and then finish off the open water part when you are away. That way you are not studying on Hols.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving

Heres a photo I took with a cheap underwater disposable camera at Pulau Payar marine park. The quality is grainy due to the very cheap nature of the camera but as you can see there are many fish and the clarity is good.

Copy and paste link.

http://www.igougo.com/photos/journal_photos/fish1(6).JPG

Wrexham, Wales
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving

nice pic - good website too by the looks of it. never heard of igougo before, but the pics section is vgood.. ta for the tip-off there.