We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casa del mar renovations

Liverpool
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
casa del mar renovations

we are due to stay at the CDM in September. The hotel web site announced that they were undergoing renovations in May and June (their quietest period) The web site now says that the renovations will not be complete until August, and I know how these things can drag on. Has anyone visited in May or June and can you say if the work had started and how intrusive it is. I am concerned as I understand that it is a very small hotel and from what I have read on this site it doesnt have extensive grounds.

thanks

Crosby Pootle

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casa del mar renovations

Where did you see that the renovations won't be cpomplete until Aug? Their own website says that it work should be complete by 2nd or 3rd week of July. Hope it is as I am staying there in middle of Aug with my wife!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: casa del mar renovations

I thought I had seen it yesterday on the hotel web site. It said that due to adverse weather the work had been delayed and would not be complete until the first week in August. Being a little sceptical about builders, I was concerned that the work may drag on until September.

I will check again maybe I have misunderstood the website. Hope you have a great holiday.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: casa del mar renovations

Hi there,

I wouldn't wory too much about this.

Yes the Casa is small and exclusive and therefore I would be assured that the work will be finished.

The G.M. is called Andrew. He and his wife are really on the ball and I feel sure that all intrusive work will be finished on time.

Casa is well known for keeping it's promises and attention to detail

If you have booked with a holiday company get them to email the Casa direct. If not try emailing them yourselves they will only be too happy to put your mind at rest.

Leigh

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi