We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andaman Food Prices and Transport Options

Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Andaman Food Prices and Transport Options

My husband and I and our 8 month daughter are staying at Adaman in September 2008. Can anyone advise us of meal costs within the resort restaurants? Should we look at a deal that includes buffet breakfast?

Also what about cost of taxi to sightseeing such as cable car? Aquarium?

And what is the most economical transport to and from airport?

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andaman Food Prices and Transport Options

Dear Kylie,

just a few weeks ago we had the same topic and I made a list of the prices of the Andaman. Let's say you have lunch at the pool expect the salads or pizzas around 30 RM. A bottle of wine starts with 120 RM. All prices plus 10 % service charge.

The taxi from Andaman to Kuah is around 90 RM; a local taxi cahrges 50 RM.

From the airport to the Andaman should be around 50 RM. Try to make contact with a local taxidriver and book him once you need him.

Actually I would book the Andaman including breakfast. They serve until 10.30 if I am not mistaken and the breakfast is really nice!

The cable car costs around 30 RM /head and is worth the visit! The Under Water Worl is little poor right now and to my opinion too expensive for what you see; around 30 RM / head. There was an "accident" a few month ago and plenty of fish died. But you should not miss the mangrove tour excluding eagle and monkey feeding but including the fish farm.

Eva

Hope this helps. In any case the Andaman is a great choice!

Eva

2. Re: Andaman Food Prices and Transport Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi