We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got home yesterday!

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Got home yesterday!

Hi all. Well we returned home yesterday after 10 nights in Langkawi and 3 in KL. We had a wonderful time and hate being back. I've written a true review of the Berjaya which will shortly be posted. We had no complaints whatsoever, OK, our chalet was "rustic" more than luxurious but it was clean, close to the hotel and had wonderful views of the sea. We would definitely go back.

We discovered the Seashell at the Mutiara next to the Berjaya which was wonderful, serving great food. The Berjaya food was OK but quite overpriced so we found it cheaper to either eat at the Oriental Village which was a few mins walk from the Berjaya or take a taxi to the marina. Great Thai there called "Floating Market". Try the specials board!

Worth hiring a car which we found very, very cheap with fuel ridiculously cheap. Island seemed safe and fairly quiet to drive around.

Went to the night market at Kuah which served great food - we ate for about ��3 for the 2 of us that night!

Overall a fabulous break, very relaxing and very cheap. Would definitely go back to the Berjaya.

Clare

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Got home yesterday!

Hi Clare

thanks so much i just love hearing all about your hols gets me excited!!

Can't wait to see your pics, how do i access them?

Were you in a deluxe chalet? I got the impression from other people that those chalets didn't have this adjoining door to another chalet, did you see this?

what was heat like in KL? Could you do much? Although probably not if you weren't feeling too well, which was a shame for you.

I've been told i don't have to have malaria tablets did you? I've just had hep a and typhoid jabs.

Never been out of europe before always opted for greece but we had bit more money saved this year so thought we'd treat ourselves.

What was the entertainment like at hotel?

right i'm going to sign off now as i get a little carried away.

speak soon no doubt!

Emma x

Hi Emma. The pics are on my review of the Berjaya. I've only posted a couple because my pc crashed but I'll try and post some more this week. We had a detached chalet which didn't have an adjoining door. The heat in KL was much more bearable than in Langkawi. We honestly couldn't stick the heat there! I'm pleased to say though I've got very sunburnt today in probably the only hot day we'll have this summer, then got soaked in a thunderstorm!

We had typhoid and Hep A jabs but didn't need malaria tablets. Entertainment at the hotel was not brilliant. Can't remember the name of the band but it was 2 girls and a guy on guitar and sax. I asked for a couple of requests one night (after too much Tiger beer) but they hadn't heard of them, oh well! Found better entertainment at the Orential Village.

Clare x

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Got home yesterday!

Hi Russ. I'm afraid we never got to look at the gym at the Berjaya as it was apparently by the spa which was a bit of a way from where our chalet was. The Park Royal is a fab hotel with a roof-top pool and they had gym attached which looked very good, even though we didn't use it.

Take care,

Clare

Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Got home yesterday!

hi clare,

thank you for the info on cars.. i will try to bargain with them...

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Got home yesterday!

Hi Clare,

Glad to see that you loved Langkawi. I was like that the first time I went and I have never stopped going back. Think the island must get in your blood.

You must try the cable car on your next visit. going up it you hardly seem to be moving and everything is just so peaceful.

Seashell is my favourite place was Martine and the Sea Urchins playing - there was talk that they were going elsewhere.

If you are going back try looking on the internet for 'cheap flight' companies you can get the flight for about 295GBP if you book early and don't want to go in the school holidays - then email the hotel and pay them on your credit card when you get there. It works out cheaper and you can spread the cost. Thats how we always do it in 2003 I managed three times in a year. If you tell the hotel you have been before they will always try their best to find room for you

Leigh

England
14 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Got home yesterday!

The deluxe chalets are no different from the superior ones

One has a sea-view the other the forest

Unfortunatly we had a joined one in a block of 8 - would have much prefered a single one, but they didn't like swapping them much

Still at least the monkeys came up to see us still

The place is brilliant, though, you'll love it

I want to go back....

Val