We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the end of Feb is monsoon period?

Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
the end of Feb is monsoon period?

i will go to Langkawi during 23 Feb to 25 Feb, how is the weather during this time ? still monsoon period? i have only 3 days at there so .....

anybody knows that?

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: the end of Feb is monsoon period?

I also want to know which hotel is better? i mean middle level maybe 3 to 4 stars, near the beach.

Is there have banana boat? and I just go there 3 days, so what activities should i go?

is it good weather during 23 Feb to 25 Feb?

thank you!

Malaysia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: the end of Feb is monsoon period?

HI Cocktail,

Actually, February is not really a monsoon period. Don,t worry, The weather is warm.

I think the best hotel you need is Langkasuka Beach resort. Very cheap and close to the beach at pantai cenang. This hotel also have private beach. Only those who stay at their hotel can use the beach. No outsider is allowed.

Oh ya, you can play banana boat at pantai cenang. I think the price is RM20 perhead for 15 minutes.

Within 3D2N, I suggest you to go Island Hoping and Mangrove trips. Both activities are very exciting. The rest of the day, you can tour around the island.

If you need a help, I think this website can do for you more...www.MalaysiaSecrets.com

Jiha.

Batu Ferringhi...
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: the end of Feb is monsoon period?

Just correct the miss conception on the weather if I can! and give a better idea of what the weather is like in Langkawi;))

. January to mid March is generally the dry season, cooler early January getting more humid by march.

. mid March/ April to mid August/ September raining season is in with showers once every two or three days and getting more frequent closer to September.

. September to December is the monsoon season where you can expect heavy shower for around 45 minutes in early morning or by 6PM or both in between enjoy the pool and the beach.

Disclaimer: I am not in charge of the weather and can't be hold responsible for any changes in this program mainly well disturb by human activities!!

Also this is the patern of the weather for the past few years but regrettably it is slowly changing.

Lastely monsoon in Langkawi is just fine and welcome as it really cool off the air and it can be a nice entretainement show too! ;)

Hope it help

Francois

Leeds
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: the end of Feb is monsoon period?

Francois

Love the disclaimer!! Made me laugh.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,975 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the end of Feb is monsoon period?

Hi folks,

Just to correct one thing: there are no “private” beaches in Langkawi. They are all open to the public and no resort can prohibit you to use the beach but they could avoid permission to walk through the resort.

Eva

Baldock
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: the end of Feb is monsoon period?

I have just spoken to the Malaysian tourist board and asked the same question. They told me there is no monsoon season in Lankawi. Give them a call, they are sending me some info in the post

7. Re: the end of Feb is monsoon period?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 18, 2009