We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi on 16th June - can't wait!!!

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
20 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Langkawi on 16th June - can't wait!!!

Hi, my partner and I are flying from Manchester (UK) to KL on 12th June then to Langkawi on 16th. I'm so excited!

We are booked into the Sheraton Hotel in Lankawi.

A few posts earlier on in the year indicated that the Sheraton was a bit run-down or shabby, so we are slightly worrided.

Has anyone recently been to the Sheraton who could tell us what it is currenly like?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Did I mention we are excited?!

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi on 16th June - can't wait!!!

There are 2 Sheratons in Langkawi, one is Sheraton Perdana which is near to town and the other is Sheraton Beach Resort which is futher away. The latter interestingly, has no beach only a tiny sandy strip. Sheraton Perdana is newer but I heard that since it is near to town, the water isn't that clean. Anyway I stayed at the Sheraton resort quite a few years ago. They had nice chalets but you need to call for a buggy to get to the main building.

If you are staying here and will be exploring the island a lot, please rent a car. Rental is very cheap. The resort is quite far from the tourist strip so your choice of restaurants is severely limited and it could be very quite at night. If you are looking for excitement, stay at the Pantai Cenang and Pantai Tengah hotels.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi on 16th June - can't wait!!!

Hi

The Sheraton Langkawi is a nice place, it covers a large are and it is all kept very nice. The pool is not very large, they serve drinks and lunch there.

They have a nice big spacious lobby lounge where you can have a drink, it's very comfortable.

I have only stayed in one kind of room, they have different kinds. Ours was a bungalow/cabana type, plenty of room and very comfortable and an enourmous bathroom on suite.

They have a kind of nightclub - used to be called Black Henry's, the name refers to a pirate that always used to hide out in Langkawi, nothing more. Maybe they have changed the name now due to out PC world.

There is a good restuarant called the Captains table, it's westrn food and there is another doing asian - malay etc.

If you want to eat outside the hotel jump in a taxi and go to Pantai Cenang, it's cheap to eat and get there, a few pounds only. Don't think your miles from anywhere - you can get to any part of Langkawi in under an hour.

You can email if you need any info, I've been to Langkawi about 12 times and stayed at a few different resorts. Last visit was in May this year.

billynevins@aol.com

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
20 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi on 16th June - can't wait!!!

Thanks for your help.

We are staying at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort. I'm sure it will be fine for us.

Thanks for your replies.

About to leave for the airport!!!!!