We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

Australia
2 posts
over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

Hi all.

I am looking for a destination for our honeymoon next May/June.

I would love to stay in bungalow style accomodation that is over the ocean. Something that you see on those teasing emails!! Lovely warm weather is a must! Not overly pricey...

Does anyone reccomend somewhere? What type of experiences have you had?

Of course I want it to be perfect....

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,767 posts
383 reviews
1. Re: over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

HI

I am sorry to say this, but if you are really really set on Water Bungalows, then Langkawi is probally not the real perfect resort I would imagine you are looking for in your honeymoon.

There is one resort with that type of accomodation, Langkawi Lagoon Resort, but is not the real perfect romantic setting I think you seek and the water is not crystal clear Check it out on this site to what others say about it.

If you heart is really set on Langkawi, then one of the hotels on the north of the island might be more suitable [Datai, Anderman, Four Season, Tanjung Rhu] or the small Boutique hotel Casa Del Mar. Do check out this site to see what others say, always a good indicator.

There are some water bungalows at Port Dickson, but the water is not good, and once again its not a secluded location.

Pangkor Laut sounds more the thing you seek, but is bigger bucks. Again check out this site for reviews.

If you heart is really set on water bungalows then its Pangkor Laut if you want Malaysia, or else it will be Tahiti or Maldives etc.

Have a great one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
2. Re: over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

The only resort on Langkawi that has bungalows built over the sea is Berjaya.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
3. Re: over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

Hi, as you have posted in TA Langkawi forum, in your context, then the only bungalow style accommodation built on stilts over the ocean, is Berjaya Langkawi's Premier water suites,which does comes with a price.

Another one is Langkawi Lagoon Resort, though am not too keen on this hotel property.

Out of Langkawi, will be

Pangkor:- Pangkor Laut Resort (as depicted on my screen name/picture).

Pangkor Island Beach Resort-though only the lanai is facing the ocean.

Tioman:- JapaMala

East Malaysia- Mataking.

All, am afraid, are rather pricey, in the context of Malaysian purchasing power parity.

Australia
2 posts
4. Re: over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

It doesn't have to be langkawi, anywhere tropical will do...

Thanks for your help so far, i will check out your suggestions.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,400 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

Dear Honeymooners,

Langkawi has so much to offer and is just a lovely island for honeymooners. Maybe we don't have this kind of bungalows but still it is worth visiting. Only 4 of the 99 island are inhabitat - the rest still is untouched nature - for the monkeys, the lizzards, the innumerable birds ; white sunkissed sandy beaches waiting for you

and the scenery is stunning. The locals are very friendly and not yet too spoiled by the tourism. I have travelled for many years - business and pleasure - and settled down here for many good resaons. "Eva came back to her paradise!"

Eva

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
6. Re: over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

Have you considered Pangkor ? Its pricey ! but beautiful !

7. Re: over the water/ocean bungalow for my honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 12, 2009