We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi Lagoon Resort

Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Langkawi Lagoon Resort

I heard this is a fairly new 5 star resort. Could anyone tell me if this is a nice hotel. I am planning to stay in the room which is on the river. Is this convenient to get to the beach/town?

The Netherlands
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi Lagoon Resort

Hai there,

I don�� know if you had any answer yet, but I've been there 2 months ago. It was a very nice resort.

The only problem now, is that the resort isn't yhere anymore.

The side of Langkawi, that was hit the hardest, was the side where Langkawi Lagoon was situated.

The houses in the water are all gone, the pool is gone and the beach restaurant also gone.

Good luck finding a new resort, look on the other side of the island, they are OK.

greetings

Ronald

Holland

The Netherlands
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi Lagoon Resort

Hai there,

2 months ago I've been in Langkawi Lagoon resort. It was very beautiful.

But now it's not there anymore. The houses in the sea were all destroyed, also the pool and the beach restaurants.

good luck finding a new resort. Look on the other side of the island, that part was not hit. The side were Lagoon resort was situated, was hit the hardest.

greetings

Ronald

The Netherlands

Sydney
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi Lagoon Resort

I have called the resort twice and spoke to 2 different people. Both of them said that the resort is still there and has not been affected by the tsunami.

We are looking at going there in Sept. for our honeymoon staying in a villa over the water. Their internet rates are very cheap!

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi Lagoon Resort

We stayed at the hotel in December 2004 at the time the tsunami hit. There was very minimal damage to the hotel. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. However, we felt that the staff, though polite and courteous, were ill-trained and not very efficient. Service at the restaurant was very slow, even though the place was not crowded. We were approached by several staff members to book tours through their "friend" who would give us a good discount, rather than booking through the hotel concierge. The hotel is removed from the main town, which meant taking a taxi if we wanted to eat or shop elsewhere. Although ranked as a 5-star hotel, I would probably rate it a 4-star. Would I stay there again? Probably not.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi