We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons Langkawi

Wakefield, West...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Four Seasons Langkawi

Has anybody got any further reports from the new resort now that it's been officially open 6 weeks. Any feedback would be gratefully received

germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

sorry, I`ve heard the view across the bay is on an beton factory

Malaysia
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

the cement factory is not something I only heard about but something I saw when I visited the four season last april.

It's not that this factory is so obious that it is obstructing your view, it is actually very far to the left along the coast line when you look over the ocean from the hotel and not necessarly in your view unless you want to see it.

That said, it surely does not add to the natural beauty of Langkawi.

I did not stay in-house at the four season but in my oppinion, right now you can find places that are more beautifull and give you more for less money.

The design of the front part (lobby/arrival hall) is kind of strange (some may find it artistic) and the garden will still need its time to be fully established.

Malaysia
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

I have now loaded a few pics of the Four Season resort on to my website.

Inclusive the famous cement factory.

coppy and paste the address into your search bar:

http://www.pbase.com/silverfox

Wakefield, West...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

Thanks for the photos - unfortunately these do not inspire me at all. The biggest advantage of the 4 Seasons is the rooms and unless any one can convince me otherwise - I'm tempted to change from the Four Seasons to Tanjung Rhu. After all it is our honeymoon and it's got to be right!!

Malaysia
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

....and I can only agree with you. I found the Tanjung Rhu resort absolutely lovely and I am sure you would be very satisfied there.

The Director of F&B is a Swiss National and was the Executive Chef before.

He will make sure that the quality of food will not be a problem and he also published a cook book about local dishes with some nice info and photos about the resort and Langkawi.

A nice souvenir that of course has joined my collection of books.

I usually find swimming pools boring but Tanjung Rhu has a very unique pool design that makes paddling around more interesting as you can see from my pictures.

I am sure you will enjoy yourself there.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
295 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

I cant say enough about the Tanjung Rhu. World-class value for money and really a special place. The "anjung" room (four of them and the best in the resort) cost significantly less than average accomodations at the four seasons. The staff, beach, pool and food are really terrific. For a one-off like a honeymoon, it cant be beat. We will be there ourselves again in a few weeks.

HK
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

Sorry I don't know Tanjun but I know Datei. I just come back from there. If you want to have a third option you can try to Datei. Their service is excellent. When I looked at photos I worried it is quite old. But, actually they managed the hotel in a very very good shape. You can experience you are in a jungle but very safe. It is a very relaxing place and I think it is good to honey moon. If you really go to Datei, don't forget to join the complimentary morning walk and evening. The guide will tell you stories of tree, insect and animals.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

Four Seasons is superb but still has a few opening problems. I would give it a miss until next year. Gardens need time, service and food is average along with a few otehr little issues on my last stay in April.

The Rhu is great, recommend a suite room avoid the anjung room mentionned by Frank as there are two of them, one of which looks over the reception and main driverway. The suites are park or sea view and perfect for a honeymoon. Service has improved with a new General Manager, in preparation of the Four Seasons arrival.

Datai is nice but shows it's age and has lots of stairs. Go for the Rhu and ask for a limo transfer from the airport rather than the share mini bus.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

I stayed at The Datai in February and it was wonderful, I think the above comments are misleading about it showing its age, it's a beautiful and timeless resort, not shabby in any way, although the website doesn't really do it justice because it can't show how breathtaking the rainforest really is. There are lots of steps (although buggys are available) and it was lovely to have a hotel set on so many levels because you can see for miles from the top at the lobby, or go right down to the beach.

The Four Seasons wasn't open when I was there but I drove past it and it looked nice, although a bit one-dimensional compared to the Datai because it was on one level.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons Langkawi

We have just returned from a brief visit to the Four Seasons Langkawi to firm up our wedding plans there.

The resort area is quite huge - because of the humid climate this makes it necessary to use buggies to travel around. We were shown around the resort and found the staff members to be very courteous. We were told that the resort was designed along similar concepts to the Alhambra in Spain, which explains the Arabic motif everywhere.

It is pretty obvious the resort is new but given say another year or so, I think it would look as fabulous as the Tanjung Rhu Resort, if not better. We were well impressed with the rooms. If you feel you can afford to splurge a bit, I'd say go for the beach villa !

FS has a wider choice of possible locations than Tanjung Rhu to hold our wedding events, so I believe we've made the right decision going with them. If you're keen to see some pictures of the resort, go to the Hotel Review section on this site.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi