We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andaman

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Andaman

Hello. After many years holidaying in the Maldives we have decided to try Langkawi in Jan/Feb next year. We are thinking of booking the Andaman, hopefully that's a good choice? I wondered if anyone could advise on booking either the luxury sea view or the jacuzzi studio. Also, is there any difference in visiting Jan. or mid Feb.? Thankyou in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andaman

We’ve just returned from a five night stay at the Andaman. I cannot day enough about the resort. It’s incomparable for setting, views, genuine staff, food, tranquility, and value.

We booked a jacuzzi suite and had it for two nights before being upgraded to a pool suite for the final three. As nice as the the former was, the latter blew us away.

Others can comment on the weather at the time of your stay. That variable aside, you will be extremely pleased choosing this special property.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andaman

Thankyou for your reply. Good to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Andaman. In trying to choose between the rooms, it seems a choice between luxury sea view with amazing views and the jacuzzi studio with easier access to the beach but not having a view. Perhaps, we should try a week in each! Thanks again.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andaman

Yes, that’s true. The lobby is on the 4th floor- ground level on the ‘mountain’ side; high up on the ‘sea’ side.

The pool/jacuzzi suites are all on the 1st floor, still one level up from the ground. In spite of that, we had a partial sea view from both the pool and jacuzzi suites. I don’t feel like me missed anything by not being high up. Most of the restaurants are on the 1st floor, and it’s nice accessing the beach/pool by descending a few stairs rather then taking an elevator/lift.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,376 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andaman

Dear Sheila,

If you can afford the sea-view room you will not be disappointed. The view over the bay to the Thai Border is just excellent. Try to get a room as far north as possible as the sunset at Jan/Febr. is very far to your left.

I would rather come in February as the chance of better weather is higher. February should be a very dry months although this year we did have a bit of refreshing rain that month.

I envy you!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andaman

Just be aware of Chinese New Year and the busyness of that period.

CNY 2019 is 5 Feb.

The Andaman is a great location to unwind.

Edited: 1:32 am, June 01, 2018
Reply to: Andaman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted