We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Terminal and Hiking MatCincang

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Terminal and Hiking MatCincang

Hi all,

I am visiting Langkawi from the 1 Jan 2018 to 5 Jan 2018. And I hope you guys can help answer my questions.

1. I'll be heading there from Ipoh and I am planning to take the ETS towards one of the ferry terminal. I understand that I can either alight at Alor Setar/ Arau and take Kuala Kedah/ Kuala Perlis Ferry Terminal respectively. I was wondering whether there is any difference between the 2 ferry terminal. (Which is more crowded or anything in general) Would you recommend me to pre-book the ferry tic online? Since 1 Jan is a Public Holiday, would tic still be available if i were to just get one on that day itself?

2. On one of the days, I am planning to visit the Sky Cab in the morning and visit the Seven Wells Waterfall in the afternoon. And perhaps hike up Mount Mat Cincang. Was wondering if its possible to do both activities on the same day? Did some research and the hike up and back down Mat Cincang could take ~5 hours. (Need confirmation though) Would it be late to do in the afternoon or should i just do the hike in the morning the next day?

Thanks in advance. Have a good day :D

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Ipoh
Ipoh
Kinta District, Malaysia
Alor Setar
Alor Setar
Kota Setar District, Malaysia
Langkawi Sky Cab
Langkawi Sky Cab
10,603 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
2 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,947 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Terminal and Hiking MatCincang

Hi

You can easily do the cable car and Seven Wells Waterfall in the afternoon but if you are intending to hike on MatCincang, then you would be better doing this the following morning.

I am thinking that you are used to hiking in jungles and will take all the necessary precautions to do this. I do not know how long it will take and some parts of the trail may be in disrepair because of the recent rains but do not leave the trail.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Terminal and Hiking MatCincang

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I guess i'll need to do some changes to my itinerary then. Anyone has any experience with the buying of tickets for the ferry?

Reply to: Ferry Terminal and Hiking MatCincang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted