We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive resorts in Langkawi??? Dec/Jan

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive resorts in Langkawi??? Dec/Jan

Hi am wanting to go to Langkawi for Dec/Jan (12nights) am looking at Tanjung Rhu Resort - all inclusive. Can u tell me is this worth it - good value for money. And are there any other resorts that measure up to this one and have an all inclusive deal. Thanks appreciate your advice .

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Tanjung Rhu Resort
Tanjung Rhu Resort
1,463 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Worcs
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive resorts in Langkawi??? Dec/Jan

Hi

We've just returned from a hol to Langkawi and stayed at the Pelangi Beach .We hired a car (definitely worth it) and toured the island including stop offs for meals/drinks at hotels including the Tanjung (which seemed a little remote). My advice- stay at the Casa del Mar, it is on a busier beach but defintely much better value for money, no need to book all inclusive as food etc is very cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
2,545 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Bournemouth, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive resorts in Langkawi??? Dec/Jan

Hiya

I think you will be a bit disappointed you booked all inclusive when you get there if you do, as there are lots of lovely restaurants to try and you will feel obliged to stay at your hotel "as you have paid for it" and will miss out. I would recommend the Lighthouse, the loaf and the Orchid Ria, also the sunmatra, (and of course Wonderland) off the top of my head. If you can drive you can hire a car and have lunch and dinner out all the time. I think most of the hotels are Room only or bb because they know people want to take advantage of the reasonably priced food. Can you get out of all inclusive or have you already booked?

Jeannie

Australia
Level Contributor
313 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive resorts in Langkawi??? Dec/Jan

The all inclusive at the Tanjung Rhu was brilliant. You won't be disappointed, it is well worth the money.

Mentioned in this post
Tanjung Rhu Resort
Tanjung Rhu Resort
1,463 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
4. Re: All Inclusive resorts in Langkawi??? Dec/Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 27, 2009