We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

Which Mersing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

Does anyone know the ferry timings from TG for next month?

Our bus from Larkin is 0830 and will arrive at about 1030 but the Mersing ferry is 12 noon.

12 replies to this topic
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
983 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

Hi, even if your bus arrives at Mersing around 1030am, then taking taxi to Tg Gemok will be 30mins plus incidental time loss 10-20 mins, you'll arrive in TG about 1115am. Then maybe catch the 12 noon ferry to Tioman. Not sure if theres a 1130am ferry and dont know next months ferry timings. A lesser time gain than you expect.,imo

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
195 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

Hello. We need to get to Tioman in August 2014 and we will be coming down from the North of Malaysia. Is it easier to take the ferry from Tanjung Gemok and is there a website where i sac see the exact ferry times? Thanks. Kim

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
983 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

Hi Kim, you're in luck. I just came back from holiday on the east coast and dropped by the Tanjong Gemok ferry office for some info gathering. The guy there tells me the ferry schedule comes out monthly. For this month its twice a day departure 6 or 630am and 12noon if i heard correctly and 1 or 2 ferries available depending on demand. You can book by phone 1-3 weeks earlier as long as the schedule is out. Office phone no is +6094131362 and another mobile no +60177269948 . E mail: bluewater_express@yahoo.com

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
195 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

Ah, brilliant! Thanks so much. I will definitely pop them a mail. We are coming down from the North, from the Perhentians, and hence the Tanjung Gemok jetty is easier for us to get to. Many thanks. Kim

london
Level Contributor
72 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

hi there. if I were you I would take a flight from KL. We took a ferry to tioman couple weeks ago. you need to wait in the queue for ages and need talk to at least 6 staff to get your boarding pass and ferry did not arrive on time. If you are on budget and the ferry is the only option make sure your schedule isn't tight.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

i have been to tioman many times, always drove to mersing from kl. the ticketing procedure at the mersing ferry terminal has gotten more and more rediculous over the years and when i went earlier this year it was so bad that next time i will try tg. gemok. gemok is a little shorter drive by distance but i think it may take longer since more slow roads and less highway. anyone have experience with this? it usually takes me 4 hours to drive kl to mersing.

here's a little info on the ticketing procedure at the mersing ferry terminal for those who are considering going that route:

1) wait at tables outside counter area to purchase ticket.

2) wait in line at counter window to have a hole punched in ticket.

3) wait in line at adjacent outdoor counter to write on a sheet of paper which stop on tioman you will be departing and have ticket partially torn.

4) wait in line at new booth to pay marine park fee.

5) wait in line at another booth to show ticket and marine park paper to obtain boarding pass.

6) wait in very hot seating area for boat to arrive late.

Is bluewater trying to create jobs or are they really this stupid???

does anyone know if the procedure is just as rediculous at tg. gemok?

7. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, May 11, 2016

8. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, May 11, 2016

Singapore
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

Hi , Will like to know more about the ferry , Concern that we are might go on the monsoon season on Jan 2015... could you give some ideas to me?

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman

The Hotels and Resorts are opening mostly at march. The after monsoon season starts on the eastcoast at march.

Reply to: Ferry schedule from Tanjong Gemok to Tioman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted