We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

Davao City...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

How any hours will it be from johor bahru to changi airport? We will be staying in a hotel in front of city square and Our flight to the Philippines is at 10am..what time should we leave the hotel? Would it be safe to just transfer in a hotel in sg the night before our flight? Im scared of the long queue in the immigration since it falls on a Monday..any suggestions please...thanks!!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,310 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

Better stay at Singapore,the early rush hours and traffic condition is not going to make it to the Changi airport in time.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

I add my voice to staying the night in Singapore.

Davao City...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

Thank u so much leopang and SingaporeNancy!!

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
988 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

Recently is serious jammed at CIQ Woodlands and Tuas, almost 1.5~2hours for just passing the checkpoints, you need to consider this and plan to depart earlier in case you still prefer staying at JB.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

Hi Png-i3,

is the situation still this bad? Do you know the reason?

I went there 2 weeks ago and driver advise the same. So we took Tuas link and we got transferred pretty quickly.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

Hi,

I think it is because of 2 recent incidents that happened at the border. The authorities are reviewing and tightening border controls. And also in light of forge passports issue that surfaced recently.

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
988 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

Sabah_girl, Nancy is telling the fact.

The commuters and students are stuck at Woodlands checkpoint during peak hour, some of them claim that the worst is 2 hours for just passing Woodlands checkpoint so they have to leave their home earlier from previous around 5am to 4am.

8. Re: Johor Bahru to Changi airport, singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 11, 2015