We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KSL Resort to Legoland

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
KSL Resort to Legoland

I am planning to bring my sons to visit Legoland during Chinese New Year in 2013. I am thinking about staying at KSL Hotel & Resort and go to Legoland by taxi. Does anyone know how much will the taxi fare cost? Do I need to negotiate before we hire the taxi?

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
999 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

A metered taxi should cost no more than 35 Ringgit or even less around 30.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

Insist them to use meter, JB cab drivers are better than KL

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

Sorry to jump on this thread, was wondering how about return from legoland to ksl? Are taxis readily available? Or need to call a taxi? On my recent visit I don't remember seeing taxis but maybe because I wasn't paying attention.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

im just back took meter taxi yesterday. wonder checked how muvh from here. i feel kana "cut" by driver. starting far at RM6. n the fare run v fast at RM.20. Total fare $52.2. There is bus from KSL to Legoland. but i miss the return bus. Last bus at 8pm.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
999 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

Hi Miguelong,

I can clarify that and my previous statement.

There are 2 types of taxis, the budget red colour taxi and the dark blue executive taxi. When both are using the meter, they follow the rates as required by SPAD (Public Land Transport Commission) guidelines i.e

Budget taxi- RM 3 for first 2km, then 10 sen every 115metres,

Executive taxi-RM 6, then 20sen for every 115 metres. So the cost is about right, no kena katok.

I'vd spoken to the driver of both types of taxi. The driver of the budget red taxi said he can take passengers outside JB city limits to specific tourist areas like Legoland but the executive taxi driver said the budget taxi are not allowed.

So, imo, from JB city you can take both types of taxi, but on the return journey only the blue executive taxis are allowed to wait, hence the executive taxi rates that you paid.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

Hi Robin, I'll be there too but in this December, why don't you take their package ...Room, breakfast, legoland entrance & shuttle ksl-legoland-ksl ...it is more convenience ................I've calculated the charges ...not so much different .........

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

I agreed with Fyonna, I also took the package.. I had too calculated there is not much different and it save me the time and trouble too.. I'm going this Sunday.. ^^

8. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:39 am, January 01, 2013
Edited: 4:39 am, January 01, 2013
PUNE, India
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

Hi,

I am also going to stay at KSL with kids and going to legoland.

Did someone say KSL have shuttle?

Thanks,

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: KSL Resort to Legoland

Hello, can I ask, are there any buses from KSL Resort back to Singapore?