We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in JBR

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
car rental in JBR

Hi all, me and a group of friends are thinking of renting a car at JBR the coming weekend and drive over to KL.

I tried renting the car online through hawk but it stated no debit card allowed.

Is it possible to rent a car without the use of credit card (through debit or cash instead)?

Do share your experience and if there's any places to recommend for renting a car in JBR.

Thanks!

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
970 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental in JBR

I think mostly all the big players are requesting you sign the blank credit card bill before they hand over the car to you. Cannot help with that.

madrid
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental in JBR

Hello the company I work for Tipoa Car Hire can provide rental cars at JBR:-

tipoa.com/Car-Hire/United-Arab-Emirates-Car-…

To answer your questions.

ALL car hire companies require a CREDIT CARD. Cash and debit cards are not acceptable. This is not because of payment of the rental car fee, but this is ALL about SECURITY. Believe it or not often cars are never returned !

A credit card offers the suppliers some comfort and and the ability to trace the hirer if required to do so. This is known as the "security deposit"

Tipoa accept debit cards online to pay for the rental fee, but a CREDIT CARD would be required at the time of collection.

3. Re: car rental in JBR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 16, 2013