We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jb to kl

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
jb to kl

Why would outstation taxi from jb to kl not be the easiest option when bus or train I would have to pay for 4 tickets does anybody know how much outsation taxi from jb to kl would be

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jb to kl

Im sorry I dont have the info you need and you cant seem to find it. I think perhaps you havent gotten any answers because no one has done it.

I would say you are looking at several hundred RM. Thats if you werent charged for the full return fare. Its just not a common practice to take a taxi as the busses are much cheaper, only slightly slower, generally safer, and very plush and nice. Most have T.V.'s, some have bathrooms, and they stop at nice rest areas along the way. Also consider you would likely be stuck in a Proton Wira Taxi most likely and that means one person wouldnt have a seatbelt. If you wanted a bigger car the charge would be even more.

Also air asia that I mentioned in the other thread, http://www.airasia.com, has fares as low as RM 1.99-29.99 plus tax, yes thats not a typo RM 1.99-29.99 per person.

I just went on the web site and checked flights for May and these fares are all open for booking. I have flown Air Asia several times from under RM 10. Its a great airline and safe, they use modern jet aircraft. The engines are maintained by General Electric and the airframes by Volvo. Everyone thinks the low fares are a scam but they are not.

Is there a particular reason you want to use a taxi instead of a bus or a plane?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jb to kl

I looked at the prices from singapore where I actually fly into and for me and the four girls I was looking at 1200 sing dollars which is excessive. dont know if it is just to early for specials or that they dont give specials on this route. this option would be the easiest but cant seem to get the cheap flights. I just thought by the time I leave sing and then get taxi to jb airport wait the hour or so for hte next flight as I arrive at 6.30 sunday 2nd july and then have to get a taxi from klia which is another hour then it would of been just as easy to get taxi. last bus leaves sing at 6.00 pm so I would miss this bus and have to wait till next day. other option is to go to jb stay there for the night and shop? unsure what this is like as I have never stopped there and then get the cheap flight next morning. your advise is greatly appreciated. would a sing travel agent be able to get me cheaper flights from sing or is the jb option better

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jb to kl

sorry that should read 3 girls not 4.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jb to kl

Air Asia is the only truely cheap airline. They do not fly out of Singapore only JB. So if you cant find cheap flights on Singapore Airlines/Silk Air or Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia doesnt fit your schedule you are stuck with the bus as your most economical option.

I am showing that Transional Ekspress has an Economy bus leaving at 8:00 and 10:00 PM. They arent as nice as the Executive coaches but they are still motorcoaches. The Economy are air conditioned but dont have a T.V. in most cases. It should be as comfortable as putting 4 people and a driver into a taxi though. You can also get up and strech your legs more often.

You also may want to just spend the night in JB. All the fares on air asia from JB on July 3rd are RM 29.99.

Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: jb to kl

Hi,

taxi from jb to kl cost about RM400 (Toll-fee itself costs RM50), and express bus from jb to kl cost only about RM25p/p.

Taxis are usually old, cramp and poorly maintained, so pray it will reach kl. Bus from larkin station departs every hour or less.

If from singapore, you can visit www.transtar.com.sg for bus tickets to kl at only SGD40p/p or less.

Seriously, IMHO, it really won't save you much while trying to connect at jb.

Have a safe trip.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jb to kl

Hi thanks for that. do any of the buses leave from sing airport? how do I get from airport to bus?

Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: jb to kl

Hi Julieed, i'm afraid not from the airport.

Take the MRT subway from Airport to Lavender Station, about 30mins ride and the Transtar office will be there.

Suggest give about 2-3hrs allowance for unexpected flight delay or so, cos the tickets are non-refundable / non-reschedule. If you're early you can always do shopping at the ever-popular Bugis Junction that is 3mins ride away.

Hassle free :)

Please book early as they sell out fast.

:)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jb to kl

thanks can I catch a JB taxi from sing airport? as I have read that it is ocmmont to go betweek sing a jb.

Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: jb to kl

Hi,

Yes it's common but no direct service.

Only sing taxis are avail at the airport, and out of which only very very few cabby have the license to cross the border. You can try to ask the taxi queue marshaller to assist in locating one, but chances very very slim.

if you travel light, take a cab to woodlands checkpoint, clear the custom, take Bus service 170 and prepay the ticket to Larkin Bus Terminal. Keep the ticket as you will need to re-board the 170 after jb custom. Take 170 to its terminal, Larkin and that's the place to catch a bus to kl.

if you're with luggages, take a cab to queens street bus termimal, and the jb cabs will be there waiting. About S$8 per pax, and 4 pax required to go.

Good luck.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jb to kl

Here is the name of an agent I used for car hire in JB. They offer airport pickup (in Singapore) and long distance taxi.

Dialta Travel and Tours Sdn.Bhd.

07-5983677

dialta_daniel@yahoo.com

They provided daily car with driver to my team for almost one year providing transportation to and from Pasir Gudang. They are safe, clean and courteous.

Mentioned in this post
Pasir Gudang
Pasir Gudang
Johor Bahru District, Malaysia