We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore to JB shopping

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
singapore to JB shopping

i am planning a shopping trip to JB next week any suggestions of shopping centres that are close to each other? also i was going to get the bus there but get a taxi back does anyone know where you get the taxi back to singapore queen st. from JB? someone mentioned i should get a singapore taxi back and not a malaysian one then you don't have to get out of the taxi? can anyone help me?

thanks Kaz

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
998 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: singapore to JB shopping

JB shopping centres not so close each other, may be KSL (New Shopping Centre) and Holiday Plaza (Old shopping centre) is consider quite close within 5mins walk. Among Juscos are quite far that you need transport to go.

Regarding back to Singapore by taxi, you need to go to Kota Raya Taxi Terminal taking the special permit taxi to and from JB and Singapore, normal JB taxis are not allow to enter Singapore. These special permit taxis consists of both Malaysia taxi and Singapore taxis both no need to get out from taxi while passing the both countries CIQ.

Hope this can help

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: singapore to JB shopping

thanks for that, so from the Kota raya taxi terminal either a singapore or malaysian taxi can take me to singapore without getting out? Is that correct?

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
998 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: singapore to JB shopping

You are collect! This is due to taxi is using the car lane same as those Singapore private car to and from JB no need to get out, but of course you need to get out from car in case the custom officer asking your purchased goods! ;-)

Enjoy your shopping trip!

Edited: 5:06 am, June 30, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: singapore to JB shopping

yep, thanks heaps :)

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: singapore to JB shopping

does anyone know the cost of a taxi from jb-sing?

Singapore
Level Contributor
219 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: singapore to JB shopping

Hi, another choice for you and much much cheaper...

To take a taxi from JB to S'pore is to be ready to be ripped off and be prepared to pay tens of Sing dollars. Worth the money???... just my personal opinion hope it doesn't offend others.

Take the Transtar bus from JB after you clear Customs. Very easy.

Read my other postings to get the deatails...... :)

7. Re: singapore to JB shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 06, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Johor Bahru