We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blantyre in November

surrey
Level Contributor
41 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Blantyre in November

My friend has finally moved to Blantyre last saturday for 2years to work and I am planning my first trip.

i am looking to fly BA from terminal 5 as live so close and think I have to go via Jo burg and not Capetown and ideas for jo burg for 2days and hotels??

Looking at going in November is this a good time with weather.

How much £££ do I need to take is Jo Burg or Malawi going to cost much ??

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blantyre in November

Hi, Beginning of Nov is just about the start of the rainy season in Blantyre, so it may be still fairly hot, but maybe cloudy and with some rain. By the lake will still be hot, dry and sunny. Blantyre can be a bit like warm English summer weather in Nov. Oct would be a better time.

Seasons are not as predictable these days, at one time you could almost guarantee the start date of the rains.

If your friend has transport, Kenyan or Ethiopian to Lilongwe is the best bet, saves a stop in Joburgh. and your friend could pick you up at the AP. Via Joburg will be considerably more expensive. BA dont seem to get very good reports on the Joburgh run, SA Airways or Virgin seems to get better. Lost luggage seems to be a big problem at Joburgh especially when changing flights. Ethiopian is usually cheaper than Kenyan but you have to select the return flight carefully as most (but not all) have an overnight stop in Addis, any info, pleased to supply

Ivan

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blantyre in November

Hi, money obviously depends on what you want to do, I usually take £1200 to £1500 for 4 weeks, thats for 2, but I have houshold bills to pay and all fuel costs, plus 8 staff wages for 1 month. when staying with friends Ive spent as little as £300.

Ivan

3. Re: Blantyre in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:43 am, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Blantyre