We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi brousse Nosy Be to Diego-Suarez

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi brousse Nosy Be to Diego-Suarez

Hello, I am visiting Madagascar in April this year and I will be staying on Nosy Be/Nosy Komba for a couple weeks, then I will be visiting Diego Suarez for a few days. I am planning on taking a taxi brousse from Ankify to Diego-Suarez, but I am wondering how long the trip is.

I am a young female travelling alone and I only speak English, should I consider getting a driver instead? I would like to avoid flying so I can save some money. Thank you, any advice is appreciated!

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
968 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi brousse Nosy Be to Diego-Suarez

From Ankify to Ambanja is around an hour and a half and the price is something like 5,000 ariary. From Ambanja to Diego is something like 8 to 10 hours drive and something like 30,000 ariary. The only problem with traveling alone without French is the very annoying agents "Panera" who work the taxi brousse stations... They will hustle and bustle you to try to sell you tickets above the normal price but they are ones who will have language skills. You might like to try this new website https://www.drivemada.com (although not working when I tried it just now) for cheap car hire. Do not travel by night if at all possible.

2. Re: Taxi brousse Nosy Be to Diego-Suarez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 03, 2018