We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Best way to book a safari

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Best way to book a safari

As I mentioned in another post my wife and I will be in Malindi for 2 weeks in July. We are interested in adding a third week and going on safari. Should we book before getting to Malindi through a company like tokenya, go2africa or abercrombe & kent? Or would we better off to wait an see what is available locally once we get to Malindi? If we should book in advance do you recommend a particular company? We want a small group or private experience.

Thanks.

21. Re: Best way to book a safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:03 am, April 09, 2013
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
22. Re: Best way to book a safari

Only just read your posting. I have been with Gamewatchers Safaris - a Nairobi based company - 3 consecutive years and would highly recomend them. I have also posted reviews on TA. They have camps in Amboseli, Nanyuki, and two on the Mara.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
10,165 posts
72 reviews
23. Re: Best way to book a safari

Pronto:

KABS (dont know why you wrote Sri Lanka ??) is a Kenyan TO, that has been scamming many recent tourists. you will read more info in the link to the post i gave you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
24. Re: Best way to book a safari

Michael,

Have sent you a PM here as that email address bounced?!

GJ

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
25. Re: Best way to book a safari

SOrry

just realised that I dont know my own email address

It is

MikeB@vmars.co.uk

London, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
26. Re: Best way to book a safari

You balloon - Tis re-sent!

Boston...
Level Contributor
807 posts
123 reviews
27. Re: Best way to book a safari

I went with Steenboksafaris.com .. it was a customized trip.. I gave him the properties I wanted to stay at and he arranged everything.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
28. Re: Best way to book a safari

Thanks

Nice to have a name your are satisfied with

Michael

29. Re: Best way to book a safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2014