We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kola Beach Hotel - malindi

London
Level Contributor
109 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Kola Beach Hotel - malindi

Hi Everyone,

I'm heading to Malindi in a couple of months and was just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Kola Beach Hotel?

Also, if anyone had any suggestions for activities in the area.

Thanks

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kola Beach Hotel - malindi

Malindi is my fav. place for a beach holiday having been there a couple of times. Kola Beach Hotel is in a remote town called Mambrui north of Malindi. Whilst the hotel maybe nice enough to stay, you will miss out on other activites like dining out, nightclubs, etc..

There are many similar "italian" managed/style hotels in Malindi. Malindi town is lively town with heaps of restaurants & european style nite clubs. I'm afraid, that you might find yourself very isolated in Mambrui.

Go to the Marine NP in Malindi instead where there's a fine choice of hotels. The beach there is very good for swimming & snorkelling.

http://www.kolabeach.com/00AB_EN.html

London
Level Contributor
109 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kola Beach Hotel - malindi

Thanks for your reply Stefan. I think the rest of my party are quite keen on this resort so will have to make do - although we will have vehicles so hope to check out some of the spots you mentioned in Malindi.

3. Re: Kola Beach Hotel - malindi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, March 23, 2013