We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to stay

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newhaven, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
when to stay

when is the best time to go to malindi and also safari?thanks for your help and look forward to replies.

uk
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: when to stay

have been in march april and october , both where ok

weather wise, where are you thinking of staying

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to stay

If you like it dry hot and sunny then January, February, March is the best time to go. There's something about lazing in the sun when you know the UK is freezing! It also means that the vegetation in the parks will be low meaning the animals will be easier to spot and also water will be limited so they will probably have to use the lodge watering holes.

Rwanda
Level Contributor
509 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: when to stay

Agree with previoous posts. Quite a few of the places in and around Malindi close June/July for their annual refresh plus a lot of the watersports are closed/not available (eg diving) due to the rougher seas.

Newhaven, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when to stay

We are looking at TBBC to stay and then a safari.We love snorkling and want to try the fishing.Is it the rainy season from April to June then off season june/july?

Whats it like september/october?

Also we love turtles so would like to see them etc

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to stay

October would be a better month for TBBC, I,ve found the sea still rough in september whilst out fishing and I do a lot of fishing from Watamu, the snorkeling is great off the beach at this time of year, you can also pay to go out on a boat trip which I,ve done but I prefer to go snorkelling amonst the fishing boats moored in front of ocean sports, TTBC have an agreement with the KWS which allows its patrons to snorkel off the beach free of charge.

I you want to go fishing I will gladly send you the email of the guy I have used for 0ver 10 years now, just send me a PM and I,ll send it to you.

Some fishing photos from last November

flickr.com/photos/…

Assorted photos of turtle bay and some of on our adventures lol we always seem to break down as well !

flickr.com/photos/…

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to stay

Forgot to add there are regular turtle releases in front of TBBC by the watamu turtle watch, the hotel informs you when this takes place or you can visit watamu turtle watch were they nurse turtles back to health after being caught in the locals fishing nets and then release them, you can even adopt one !

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: when to stay

Watch this ! a lot is filmed in the area of TBBC and Captain Pete is the guy I go fishing with :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrkINIGIPY0

8. Re: when to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, January 24, 2010