We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or bus from princess cruise for the day 20/4/2014 9am

Helensvale...
9 posts
Save Topic
Taxi or bus from princess cruise for the day 20/4/2014 9am

4 seniors looking for day trip, around Kochi. Price of taxi or car with english speaking guide. To pick up and drop off at cruise terminal on the 20/4/2014. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,351 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or bus from princess cruise for the day 20/4/2014 9am

I don't think English guides would be contacting you in Japan in this way.

A) English guide-interpreters in Japan are licensed professionals, and B) volunteer good-will, friend-seeking guides do not receive money except for the expenses.

Both are unlikely to browse the Tripadvisor site, I think.

Kochi and Japan in general heartily welcome foreign tourists, but they are not dependent on foreign cruise travelers, so you need to look for information and guides yourselves: you need to be more proactive. See the JNTO section on Kochi. Try find guides (either well paid professionals or good-will English practicing volunteers) there, contact them, politely.

www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/regional/kochi/

Also, gather information on Kochi yourself to determine what you'd like to see.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5600.html

…transer.com/bb_url_ej.php…

www.tourismshikoku.org/shikoku/about-kochi/

http://wikitravel.org/en/Kochi_(Shikoku)

Keep in mind that most travelers to Japan do it as a DIY trip. So it's you really who have to find what you want to see, do, eat, and drink.

Edited: 5:31 am, October 14, 2013
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,351 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or bus from princess cruise for the day 20/4/2014 9am

Listed volunteer (good-will) guides at JNTO: jnto.go.jp/eng/…list_volunteerGuides_a-n.html

Edited: 5:33 am, October 14, 2013
Helensvale...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or bus from princess cruise for the day 20/4/2014 9am

Thank you for your guidance, I will look at your post references. You have been very helpful.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or bus from princess cruise for the day 20/4/2014 9am

Hi, we will be on the same cruise in April 2014.

If local English speaking taxi's or small tour guides are not readily available I think we, and probably, "the 4 seniors", might like to know how we might get from the port to the centre of Kochi or to a central transport hub where we might get local buses or trams to sight see around Kochi.

Is there an established transport link from the port terminal to central business district or transport hub ?

Also I am sure taxi's would be available but the question is basically "are there bus or tram connections from the port terminal to the central business district ?"

If so how much would it cost ? Just to get an idea( including taxis...which I've heard are expensive in Japan)

Reply to: Taxi or bus from princess cruise for the day 20/4/2014 9am
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted