We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Part time job

Naha, Japan
1 post
Save Topic
Part time job

Hi everyone,

I'm 30 years old man,i just moved to Okinawa (Naha city)one week ago.i'm joining a school to study Japanese language and culture.In the meantime,i want to find a part time job to kinda support myself while studying.i speak fluent English,French,and Arabic,but my Japanese is still weak.

What is kind of part time jobs available in Okinawa?How is the best way to find it ?

P.S: I have a long experience in the tourism industry!

Any kind of help or tips would be highly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance.

Ash

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Part time job

depending on what type of visa you have, you may or may not be able to get paid. you can get an internship to practice language skills. your school might have resources to help set you up.

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Part time job

If you have a status of residency "College Student" (language school students are considered College Students for immigration purposes) then you first need to apply for "Permission to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted " (yes it's that long) before you can start working part-time as a student.

immi-moj.go.jp/english/…shikakugai.html

This form can be applied through the immigration office, but your school should help you out with this.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,003 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Part time job

What are the guidelines for posting in the forums?

All of the following topics will be removed or closed:

Searches for employment or offers of employment.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Please use an expat forum where you will get more help.

Edited: 11:30 am, May 25, 2012
Okinawa, Japan
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Part time job

hi

5. Re: Part time job

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, October 04, 2012
6. Re: Part time job

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, April 15, 2013
7. Re: Part time job

Removed on: 4:35 pm, April 15, 2013
Edited: 4:35 pm, April 15, 2013
8. Re: Part time job

Removed on: 4:05 pm, June 02, 2013
9. Re: Part time job

Removed on: 6:35 am, February 03, 2014
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
3,406 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Part time job

Check your visa regulations...

consider private language lessons

oh, and check out gaijinpot

Edited: 4:16 am, February 03, 2014