We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumbo Tours?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Jumbo Tours?

Hello,

I'm trying to book a rental car through Jumbo Tours and they are asking us to prepay the rental. Is this normal and is the company pretty reputable?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Anna

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumbo Tours?

hi again Anna,

i came across jumbo tours when looking for car rental. website looks decent. i ended up using OTS http://www.otsrentacar.net/ because their rates were a lot better. but the website is in chinese or japanese cuz it's for taiwanese travelers (we currently live in taiwan). if you are in shanghai, you might ask someone to help you read the chinese and book it for you. free pickup and airport dropoff.

otherwise, toyota rental car has an english website, but i'm not sure if you feel safe with the brake issue going on right now. fuji also has good rates, but in japanese. http://www.fujiren.jp/price/

btw, make sure to bring your international driver's license.

mimijj

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,277 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumbo Tours?

Try this - www2.tocoo.jp/…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumbo Tours?

Thanks Mimijj! I booked a car through otsrentacar, hopefully it will be confirmed soon...

Did you purchase any discounted entrance tickets through them? I saw their web site had some ads for them and was thinking to purchase through them...

I'm not sure how old your kids are, did you happen to see shops that sold baby products like diaper and formula and maybe jarred baby food while you were in Naha? Our son is still only eating baby food and the thought of dragging 30 jars of baby food and 3 giant cans of formula along with 50 diapers is very unpleasant... :)

Thanks again!

Anna

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumbo Tours?

Anna,

you're very welcome. you can buy some discount tickets when you pick up your car. they took our credit card i think. we only bought the aquarium tickets and it was a great deal. but i know they have tickets for other attractions as well.

my kids are 6 & 8 now. but i remember our days with baby food and diapers... i don't remember anything specific about stores with such products, but we saw tons of babies when on kokusai dori. i remember making a comment about that. so i wouldn't think you would have too much problem. i would bring a couple of days' supply just in case. you might try to contact you hotel about it, if you find someone who speaks english there.

there's a large department store not far from the DFS, can't remember the name, and there is a Mitsukoshi department store on kokusai dori. they usually have some kind of supermarket in their basement, where you may find everything.

btw, there is a huge grocery store inside the naha airport international terminal. they had just about everything you could imagine, including some restaurants. again i can't remember about baby products because i wasn't paying attention to that. sorry.

mimijj

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumbo Tours?

my mistake, i just realized the large market (grocery store) is in the domestic terminal at the airport, not the international. sorry. there's nothing much in the international terminal. you'll pass the domestic terminal to get to the monorail, and there's post office, larget market, some convenience stores in that terminal.

6. Re: Jumbo Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 06, 2010