We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

okinawa in December

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
okinawa in December

My family is thinking of going to Okinawa in late November or early December. Is that a good time to go? Will the sea be too cold to swim in? I have two young children. Thanks!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,407 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: okinawa in December

Late November to December is too cold for actual swimming. It could still be nice to lounge around on the beach during the day, but it is dipping below 20 at night.

WILTSHIRE
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: okinawa in December

I think it will be cold and windy late Nov to Dec. You don't need coat though.

Okinawa, Japan
Level Contributor
21 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: okinawa in December

Living here for 30 years, I can tell you, the weather can be unpredictable. Most times I'd say that time of year you'll need a light jacket or windbreaker and it'd be too coll for swiming. On the other hand, I;ve also seen years where I went swimming on New Year's day because the weather was so nice!

Be flexible. If it's not raining, try some Castle tours:

bootsnall.com/articles/09-10/five-unesco-cas…

4. Re: okinawa in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 06, 2010