We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leisurely drive kurokawa-aso-takachiho in a day, feasible?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
105 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Leisurely drive kurokawa-aso-takachiho in a day, feasible?

There is a day that we would be driving out from Kurokawa, planning to stop and see the volcano at Aso, lunch break then continue to Takachiho to stay overnight and watch kagura that night.

Do you think the drive above could be done in not a hurry pace, say if we leave kurokawa at 9 am? Do not particularly enjoy driving after dark, thus might forfeit aso if too hurried.

Thank you for the insight,

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leisurely drive kurokawa-aso-takachiho in a day, feasible?

Yes, with a car it would make a nice daytrip.

Just be cautious as there was thick fog the whole day when I was there, it was Spring & you could only see a few metres of the road in front of you - I am not sure what season you are driving.

someone else posted this:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298205-i2122-k330…

2. Re: Leisurely drive kurokawa-aso-takachiho in a day, feasible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 25, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Kumamoto Prefecture