We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hour layover

Which Fukuoka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 hour layover

We have a 3 hour layover in Fukuoka. Does anyone have suggestions on things that we can do during the wait? It says that getting into town is fast and simple so I'm hoping we can see the town, catch a sight or go shopping.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,128 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 hour layover

Is this layover between an international and domestic flight? If, so you'll need to go through immigration, I wouldn't venture out to the city, though it's very close to the airport. I'll feel very rushed.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 hour layover

Coming from Hawaii, stopping over on your way to Seoul. I guess that means we need to go through immigrations?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,128 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 hour layover

>>Coming from Hawaii, stopping over on your way to Seoul. I guess that means we need to go through immigrations?<<<

You do If you want to go out of the airside. 3 hours in between 2 international flights is not enough time to do anything meaningful. I'd just stay in the airside.

4. Re: 3 hour layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 26, 2014