We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transporation advice for 8 days 7 nights trip in Kyushu

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Transporation advice for 8 days 7 nights trip in Kyushu

Will need some help on my itinenary to kyushu during end May 2011

I'm planning to go beppu/nagasaki/fukuoka during my trip and has planned the following:-

Day 1 : Flight to Fukuoka airport - Beppu

Day 2 : Beppu

Day 3 : Nagasaki (one night stay at Huis Ten Bosch)

Day 4 : Nagasaki City (morning at Huis Ten Bosch, late afternoon to Kujuku-Shima Islands)

Day 5 : Nagasaki City

Day 6 : Fukuoka City

Day 7 : Fukuoka City

Understand there's a few pass which I can use like 3 days North Kyushu Pass / SunQ Pass 3 or 4 days (how can i make use of it to travel between this few areas)?

Appreciate your advice please. Thank you in advance

Regards

Nofi

Ohori Park
Playgrounds, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Scenic Walking Areas
Kushida Shrine
Sacred & Religious Sites
Hakata Station
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Tenjin Underground City
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transporation advice for 8 days 7 nights trip in Kyushu

Hmm...I think maximum use would be on Days 1 to 3. Land at Fukuoka, take subway to Hakata station. Use pass to get to Beppu, day 2 you would have no use of the pass but Day 3 you could get go Beppu to Nagasaki,

I assume you have enough time day 1 to get to Beppu? It is about 2 hours by train using N Kyushu pass

The trip from Beppu to Nagasaki alone costs more than the 3 day pass so that trip you definitely want to use with the pass. You can go the faster route (via Kokura/Hakata) but if you want it more scenic, take the Yufuin No Mori train via Yufuin and switch at Tosu to the KAMOME to Nagasaki

To get back to Fukuoka at the end of your trip, I would just take a bus from Nagasaki to Hakata/Fukuoka. There is frequent service and price is cheaper than train.

Edited: 8:26 pm, May 10, 2011
SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transporation advice for 8 days 7 nights trip in Kyushu

Unless you are set to go to touristy Beppu, I would recommend Unzen open air volcanic park in Nagasaki. It has similar mud bubbling, hell holes, sulfur ponds, etc. all in one place(unlike Beppu where you need to take bus) and less crowded & commercialized. There are public onsen baths/ryokans nearby or go to Obama onsen town. You will save time and money.

http://www.unzen.org/e_ver/

Zakynthos, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Transporation advice for 8 days 7 nights trip in Kyushu

I think it is the best time to travel to Japan to see what is happening over there, anyway I pray for the whole island

http://cheapairlineflighttickets.net/

4. Re: Transporation advice for 8 days 7 nights trip in Kyushu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 01, 2012