We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto To Kinosaki Onsen

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kyoto To Kinosaki Onsen

I'm really excited about going to Kyoto and to KinosakiOnsen. But would like to know if it's worth staying over 1 or 2 night at KO (is there anything to do there?) or just do a day trip from Kyoto and have other days doing other interesting places. I have 5 days to spend in Kyoto or around before going back to Osaka for 1 night and heading home. I'm travelling alone, so it's easy for me to divert if there's any new input.

Thanks Loads!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,027 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kyoto To Kinosaki Onsen

If you were a family or a couple, I would have strongly recommended staying overnight. Kinosaki is known for hotpot crabs in Winter, atmospheric Onsen town with different kinds of bathhouses dotted around to make walks interesting and fun, near a scenic place where river turns into a cove, and storks. It's also a kind of town where novelists facing a creative barrier and suffering from health find refuge away from the city, so it could be nice to stay even if you were traveling alone. It's up to you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kyoto To Kinosaki Onsen

Thanks.

I'll be arriving in osaka itami airport about 1 pm. Is there a train that i could connect from osaka to kyoto then to kinosaki. By then, it should be around 2-3pm. Is it too late or should i stay in kyoto and leave on the the next day. My intended plan:

Any suggestion welcome, especially the empty part where i have yet to decide what and where to go.I'll be travelling alone throughout.

06/02 arrive osaka, take train to kyoto to .kinosaki, stay a night

07/02 trip back to kyoto, see walk around neatby

08/02 kyoto (yet to plan any)

09/02 kyoto (yet to plan any)

10/02 leave.for osaka, see walk around

11/02 osaka (yet to plan any)

12/02 leave.for.itami airport for home

thanks in advance.

3. Re: Kyoto To Kinosaki Onsen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 20, 2016