We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuji speedway

minneapolis
1 post
Save Topic
Fuji speedway

Hi

I'm planning to catch the Japanese grand prix next year at fuji speedway. Any tips on where the best place to stay. From what i've found it is a logistical nightmare.

Thanks for any help

Likely To Sell Out
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
3,827 reviews
from $141.53*
Likely To Sell Out
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
822 reviews
from $65.74*
Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from...
272 reviews
from $295.84*
Mt Fuji Day Trip including Lake Ashi...
883 reviews
from $114.14*
Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuji speedway

It's a nightmare to get there because it's a definite sellout and any lodging within an hour and a half is going to be booked solid already. Do you have a way to get tickets? They're sold by lottery in the past and I'm not sure how they will be sold next year. The only saving grace is that it's in early October which is a slow tourist season. If you can book something between Yokohama and Kozu on the Tokaido Line or something in Fujiyoshida then you should be OK. I'm pretty sure they will have shuttle buses from Gotemba Station. I might be going myself and I'll see a buddy in Japan who never misses an F1 race there in December and we'll talk about the logistics when I'm there at that time.

Perhaps a hotel in Odawara wouldn't be so bad. Ideally, you want to stay in Gotemba but that may be challenging during those dates.

2. Re: Fuji speedway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, August 17, 2009