We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation in kyoto

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation in kyoto

as i'm leaving to kyoto by shinkansen from tokyo, i wil be spending the following 6 days in kyoto,kobe,osaka and nara.

so i'm planning to just get a hotel,or ryokan in kyoto as my base to move around those places.Is there any recommended place to stay in kyoto(eg:kyoto station or..)i want convenience of transport, probably would try a ryokan or capsule hotel provided its cheap.

any recommendation?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,976 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation in kyoto

Since you're doing a lot of day trips, staying near Kyoto Station is most convenient. Cheap ryokans and capsule hotels are generally not comfortable. Try to find a no-frill business hotel such as Toyoko Inn, Super hotel, etc.

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation in kyoto

tq

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation in kyoto

i have a few to choose, couldnt get any toyoko inn or super hotels for the dates i'm goin to kyoto (23rd till 229th May)

1)Khaosan Kyoto Guesthouse at 568 Nakanocho Bukkoji-agaru,Teramachi-dori Shimogyo-ku,Kyoto,Kyoto-fu

2)Urban Hotel Kyoto a4-59 Nishiura-cho, Fukaku

3)Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto at 418 Naya Cho,Kyoto-fu,Kyoto,Kyoto-fu,600-8142,Japansa,Fushimi-ku,Kyoto,Kyoto-fu,612-0029

4)Grand Fine Kyoto Minami at 31 Takedanishikoya-cho,Fushimi-ku,Kyoto,Kyoto-fu,612-8449,Japan

5)Fine Garden Kyoto-minami at 12 Takeda-higashi Koyanouchi-Cho,Fushimi,Kyoto,Kyoto-fu

6)Guest House Sukeroku at 653 Ebisucho, Kamidachiuridorijofukuji-,nishiiru, Kamigyo-Ku,Kyoto,Kyoto-fu

Can anyone help?need good location accessible to stations

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation in kyoto

I've plotted those locations for you. Just in terms of distance to Kyoto station, markers B, C, and F, are the closest. You can click on the markers to see, but those are Backpackers Hostel K's Housse, Khaosan Kyoto Guesthouse, and Hotel Urban Kyoto.

batchgeo.com/map/0760ea989142372b99b0ec5f0f2…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
96 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation in kyoto

Have you tried looking at Tour Club or Budget Inn? Highly rated, inexpensive accomodation near Kyoto Station.

Edited: 4:51 pm, March 24, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation in kyoto

In other words, the places you've looked at so far are not very close, although (at least to me) cheap enough to make a taxi ride affordable.

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation in kyoto

again i'm looking at these places,pls help

1)Guesthouse Kyoto Ekimae at 601-8006 Kyoto, Kyoto, Minami-ku Higashi Kujo Higashi Iwamotocho

2) Kyoto Tower Hotel Annex at 600-8216 Kyoto, Kyoto, Shimogyo-ku Shinmachi-dori Shichijo-sagaru

3)Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto at 600-8142 Kyoto, Kyoto, Shimogyo-ku Dotemachi-dori Shichijo-agaru Naya-cho 418

4)Tomato Guest House at 600-8241 Kyoto, Kyoto, Shimogyo-ku Shiokoji-dori Horikawanishi-iru Shimizu-cho 135

location and of course i want budget hotel.

8. Re: accomodation in kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 27, 2015