We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tsukiji fish market

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tsukiji fish market

Hi

assuming i want to see this market.i have 2 plans

1) once i touchdown haneda, wait till early morning, and catch a cab to the market at 4 am.then after the market , go to shinagawa to check in at hotel , walkaround shinjuku,shibuya..etc or

2)going on the 2nd or 3rd day early morning(2nd day is also trip to disney),(3rd day is already checking out and then, travel to kyoto by shinkansen line)

is this feasible?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
29 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tsukiji fish market

I was at the gate at 4.15am, stayed in a hotel a block away.By 4.30am, the guards were turning people away , disappointed people. all passes were given out. It was on a week day in November last year. So if this is the must see on your list, I would suggest you arrive as early as you possibly can and get a coffee from the vending machine and wait it out. However, like they all say, it depends. Next couple of weeks will be the cherry blossom season, so be warned there could more people around wanting to visit the auction. I will be in Tokyo too in the coming weeks.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tsukiji fish market

remember to check tsukiji' closing calendar. we've been there once for lunch, and the next time we want to do some shopping tsukiji was closed for 'fixed holiday'. i checked on the calendar for 1st visit, but somehow forgot to check on the 2nd visit. =(

13. Re: Tsukiji fish market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2015