We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good crab at Kani Doraku Shinjuku?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Good crab at Kani Doraku Shinjuku?

I'm big seafood fan, would like to try their Kani Kaiseki (Full course crab set menu) during my visit next month. Is this place worth going or there's better restaurants around? Can the full set lunch/dinner be shared among 2 person? Is ¥10,000 enough for dinner of 2 pax including a couple of beers?

Sorry to throw so many questions at once.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,793 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good crab at Kani Doraku Shinjuku?

Taste is subjective. Kani Doraku is fairly good at what it does so I would be comfortable eating there.

For two people, 10,000 Yen is about enough. You can probably get a set plus one or two a-la-carte items to share. Two sets might actually be too filling.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,883 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good crab at Kani Doraku Shinjuku?

I've not eaten at Shinjuku location, but Kani Doraku is a good chain over all.

Ordering only one set and sharing is a faux pas. Sammy's idea of ordering a set and additional item or two is the way to go if you don't want to order 2 sets.

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good crab at Kani Doraku Shinjuku?

Thanks Sammyfloyd and Shibuyakko, will get a reservation and head there for dinner next month.

4. Re: Good crab at Kani Doraku Shinjuku?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 22, 2015