We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Return Trip to Kawaguchiko-Fujikyu Highland-onsen

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
83 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
One Day Return Trip to Kawaguchiko-Fujikyu Highland-onsen

Dear Tripadvisor :)

between 23 - 26 february, i'll schedule one day return trip to mount fuji area. and these are my plan (and some confusion!), please correct me if i got it wrong

1. PLAN: Take a bus from Shinjuku Expressway Terminal to Kawaguchiko at 6:00 (According to this schedule http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/01.html#pgm03).

2. QUESTION: how much does it cost? where can i buy it with my english language :).

3. QUESTION: is there any significant different to take the bus that goes through Yamanakako lake? does the yamanakako view give better alternative view than kawaguchiko? if i drop off at yamanakako, do i have to buy another ticket to continue to kawaguchiko? or i can just board on the next bus with the old ticket?

3. PLAN: reach kawaguchiko at around 9:00 AM and take some good pictures of mount fuji.

4. QUESTION: do you think a morning at end of february will give a clearer view of the beautiful mountain?

5. PLAN: at 10:00 AM take the bus to Fujikyu Highland and ride on some awesome roller coaster :D

6. QUESTION: where the best place to have lunch at Fujikyu highland? preferably something with rice, or ramen, or bbq.

7. QUESTION: will fujikyu highland be crowded with more than one hour waiting line on popular rides?

8. PLAN: at 17:00 PM take the bus to one this onsen nearby: Yurari or FUjiyamaw

9: QUESTION: Yurari onsen has private bath with mount fuji, does it mean i can bring my camera to the bath?

10. QUESTION: considering winter and shorter daytime, how bright it will be at 17:00 PM to see mount fuji

11. PLAN: at 18:30 PM find some dinner around.. any good and cheap suggestion?

12. PLAN: at 20:00 PM get a bus back to shinjuku.

really appreciate if you can help me with above one day itinerary and my questions!

super thanks in advance!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
83 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day Return Trip to Kawaguchiko-Fujikyu Highland-onsen

Bumping this :).

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day Return Trip to Kawaguchiko-Fujikyu Highland-onsen

Don't have a clue what "bumping this" means! Meanwhile.....

1. Here's a bus site. http://highway-buses.jp/fuji/ and http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/english/

4. February has clear skies in general. But better check the weather. It could be snowing at Fuji and locations nearby.

7. If you go on a weekday, there will be no lines. Even on a weekend, the lines are no long, as compared to Disney.

10. 17:00/ 5pm will be dark, although not as dark as in January.

Check the bus schedules. Most of your answers will be there. Google "bus to Mt. Fuji" and check the links.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
83 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day Return Trip to Kawaguchiko-Fujikyu Highland-onsen

Hi Mamajelli,

thank you for your reply!

'bumping' means i replied to my own thread so it re-appears on top of forum to attract more people read my thread ;). its often regulated so people doesnt abuse it and keep bumping his own thread.

i guess i'll get day pass for fujikyu if the line is not long.

if 17.00 already dark, i think i'll skip thr onsen with mt fuji view :(

thanks again!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
83 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day Return Trip to Kawaguchiko-Fujikyu Highland-onsen

Anyone get any thought?

5. Re: One Day Return Trip to Kawaguchiko-Fujikyu Highland-onsen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 09, 2015