We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to buy sumo tickets in January 2014

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How to buy sumo tickets in January 2014

Hey. I'm going to Tokyo next month and planning to watch some sumo tournament. But I'm not sure how to buy em, since the website said I can't take the tickets on the day of tournament. Any suggestions/ advices from some one outside Japan buying sumo tournament beforehand?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to buy sumo tickets in January 2014

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298184-i861-k5241…

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,147 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to buy sumo tickets in January 2014

Go to :

http://sumo.pia.jp/en/sumo01.jsp#seat

Note tickets are all sold out on some days already, but you can queue at Kokugikan for the same day tickets. Ticket sale starts at 8AM.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to buy sumo tickets in January 2014

I'm looking at buying tickets for january in tokyo. Im a solo traveller.

Would arena B be fine? 4,900 yen on the website. Will call though if I can find where get the ticket after

4. Re: How to buy sumo tickets in January 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, January 04, 2015