We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

Hi,

Can anyone advise which prepaid data sim card service and data speed is better (Econnect or B-mobile)?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

I ordered from econnect and it was waiting for me at check in at the Hilton. Worked flawlessly and fast enough.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

hi, thanks for this, so now i guess the best option will be rent the simcard instead of buying prepaid simcard, but i have a concern, i came across that people were saying data only without voice thingy, i am ok without calling, and some people said viber and whatsapp are also work, besides these, any other restrictions? coz i need it to search map like google map for direction, social medias, or do last minute surfing for attractions or unexpected situation that i need to get answer immediately from internet, anyway just all about online, no video streaming also, are all these good?

thanks again :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

got the answer from here, seems like everything is good, just cannot make call and sms, i'm ok

and able to make video call via app

rental.cdjapan.co.jp/index_en_jpy_10.html…

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,551 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

glad you are happy with the 30MB daily throtltling. Good luck.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

hi, yeah i do noticed this tnc, so i thought the speed 200kpbs should be fast enough? please advise or any other better option?hmm bmobile 14days still as better option?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,551 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

take a look at the So-Net Japan SIM card, 3000/5000 to buy plus you put in 1GB refill for 2838.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

Hi, I have visited Tokyo a few times. And have used B-Mobile with TP-LINK mobile router. Recently I have put up a simple guide on setting up the b-Mobile card on M7350. please refer:

www.asiaradio2000.com/M7350%20in%20Japan.pdf

Using this method, you can also setup on other brands of Mobile routers.

Philippines
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

I do not recommend b-mobile. If you run into a problem, their support will not help. I just threw cash at them in return for nothing. They even made up a rule not written in their website (yes i checked thoroughly) just so that they will not have to replace the sim card or refund me.

19. Re: Prepaid Data Sim Card- Econnect or B-mobile?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 19, 2016