Hi. I'm kinda lost about planning a trip to Tokyo. I've spent so many days thinking how I should go about visiting, but it seems very hazy to me.
Here are my questions:
1. Should I stay at a hotel or serviced apts like Sakura-House? The stay was originally for 3 weeks, but Sakura house is much cheaper and allows a 1 month stay. Most Sakura house places are approx. 800 USD, with much less amenities of course compared to a hotel.
If i were to stay at a hotel, it would be: Park Hotel Tokyo, Century Hyatt, Oakwood (the Mansions) at Roppongi, Star Hotel in Shinjyuku.
2. How much spending money do I need to take?
3. Going back to Q.1, how many days in Tokyo is optimal if I'm just seeing around Tokyo (shinjyuku,shibuya,ginza,roppongi,akihabara) and maybe 1 day in Kyoto? Some of my friends said 2 weeks is enough, and some say it isn't and I should stay longer if i can like 1 month, to maximize the feeling of being there.
4. My budget is about 570000 Yen. Is it better to maximize my "stay" at the hotel by paying more for places such as Park Hotel or going with Sakura House or Shinjyuku Star Hotel and buying more stuff?
5. Location. Aside from all the hotels and apts, what area (most ppl told me shinjyuku) is the best place to stay? I might go to some bars and clubs and I don't want to have the train stop running.
6. Park Hyatt in Shinjyuku - is it worth trying out a couple nights?