We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LimoBus from Narita an option?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1LH
La Verne, California
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
LimoBus from Narita an option?

I am in the process of planning my first trip to Japan. My flight is scheduled to arrive at Narita on November 9, 2013, at 20:05. The LimoBus makes a stop at the hotel I am staying at, the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa. Since it will be my 1st trip to Japan/Tokyo, I believe this would be the best option to get from the airport to the hotel with luggage and without lost. My concern is that I won't be able to make the last schedule bus which leaves 21:35. Is it possible, or rather likely, to deplane, get through customs and immigration, retrieve luggage, exchange a LimoBus pass or buy a ticket and make the bus in 1.5 hours?

If not, I am trying to determine what my other options would be. The late arrive has me confused as to what my real options are. Maybe NEX or the Green Tomato Airport Transfer? Without knowing how long it will take at the airport, it is hard to plan.

Thanks in advance for your answers to my questions.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,893 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

I think you will be able to make either the last bus to hotel or last NEX(2240) to Shinagawa station.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,472 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

If you arrive on time, there should be no problem catching the last bus. I've gone through NRT countless times and the longest it took to go through the formalities was 1 hour. Usually, it takes 30-45 minutes.

If you miss the last bus and the NEX (21:44 not 22:44), take the Skyliner to Nippori then JR Yamanote or Keihin-Tohoku Line to Shinagawa. The Skyliner trains run until 22:18.

1LH
La Verne, California
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

Thank you! That makes me feel better. I assume I should wait to buy the LimoBus ticket when I arrive. Will there be a place open to buy the ticket?

Edited: 8:27 pm, August 25, 2013
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,470 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

Yes - you'll see the Limo Bus counter as you exit immigration - http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/information/

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,472 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

As mentioned, the limobus ticket counter is right across from the exit door after customs and the bus stops are in front of the terminal. Attendants will direct you to the right bus stop. It can't be easier. Don't forget to get the Metro Pass because it's practically free:

limousinebus.co.jp/discount_ticket/en/index.…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,185 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

In addition to Limobus + Metro Pass package, there are also discount packages available for NEX and Skyliner should you use one of these two services:

www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

1LH
La Verne, California
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

Thank you!

Southern California
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

You can get a 30% discount through March 31, 2014, if you use a Discover Card or JCB Card to purchase your ticket. I'm not sure if the discount applies to the Limousine and Metro Pass package though, but certainly worth a try.

discovernetwork.com/card-network/airport-lim…

9. Re: LimoBus from Narita an option?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 01, 2014