We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A hotel near Narita that has shuttle buses?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
A hotel near Narita that has shuttle buses?

Hi Everyone,

We are going to be traveling with a small child, stroller and luggage, and staying only overnight in Tokyo. Was searching this forum and apparently there's no hotel near (or not) Narita airport that has its own shuttle buses? Is that true or is that dated info? It would be so much easier if we could find a hotel that has its own shuttle. Thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: A hotel near Narita that has shuttle buses?

> I'd ask for it to be removed, but I might as well leave it here for others to judge.

Not sure what to tell you Sammy, do what you feel is best. But a more constructive response might be to actually demonstrate the simple search terms that would enabled the OP to answer the question themselves.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,185 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A hotel near Narita that has shuttle buses?

RamenTokyo: Then I am not sure what to tell you either. I (and several others) provided actual links and ideas to help the OP, while none of your 3 posts provided any information.

If we always just ask posters to use the search function, then nobody needs to provide any help ever because the same questions get asked over and over again. If you are a believer in just telling users to search on TA or the internet, then that might as well be your answer on every post.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: A hotel near Narita that has shuttle buses?

> while none of your 3 posts provided any information.

Well you got me there Sammy - as a Tokyo resident for most of a decade and not a visitor, and before that (most of the post-bubble 90's) and after that (the last 2 years) someone who always stayed in Tokyo proper, I rarely ever had to take a shuttle bus from a Narita hotel, so I have precious little knowledge of the subject. OK one time I did it was last year from the Narita Hilton as I had a connecting flight from HK back to NY through Narita at a weird hour and had to stay over. (I travel a lot to HK too but you're probably glad I don't participate in that forum also.) The Narita Hilton has a shuttle bus to both terminals. So there's a contribution. But the point of my interjection to the thread was not whether people know the answer or contribute or not, it was about the search function.

> If we always just ask posters to use the search function, then nobody needs to provide any help ever because the same questions get asked over and over again. If you are a believer in just telling users to search on TA or the internet, then that might as well be your answer on every post.

Somewhat of an exaggeration, but at the same time you're sort of making my point for me. (Trust me you'll still be needed...) I didn't say anything about the internet. TA is still 100x better than the rest of the internet, because the knowledge is still in here. But if the TA search function is so useful why don't people use it. Rarely does anyone. If anyone actually believes the search function is still useful, then asking people to use it for the same simple softball questions that get asked over and over again (or doing it for them to make a point) saves your time to manually answer the questions that really require an expert, such as your insider comments about Century Southern Tower recently (a thread with a question from an OP who did their homework first and had specific questions, and got specific answers). Even with the best search function many questions will not be answered via it. But right now 10 people seem to all fall all over each other to provide roughly the same answers to the same questions over and over again, and people don't bother searching, partiall because IMO the search function is of limited value, partially because they know they can get white-glove service for free, which creates thread after thread of answers that may be correct, but are simply difficult to find.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: A hotel near Narita that has shuttle buses?

P.S. here's the results from doing a search for "narita hilton shuttle bus" in the forum:

http://bit.ly/1aOxSUZ

Edited: 7:20 am, July 27, 2013
15. Re: A hotel near Narita that has shuttle buses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 29, 2014