We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation in Tokyo

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation in Tokyo

Hi

I am travelling to Tokyo in mid november. I have 2 questions needing your advice.

1) Which part of Tokyo is best for me to stay in if I want easy access to subway and amenities like shopping?

2) Can you recommend a good hotel that is not too expensive for 4 nights?

Thank you.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Tokyo

A common question. Enter TOKYO HOTEL in the Japan Forums Search box for some discussions.

Shinjuku is an excellent transportation hub with good shopping, and is minutes away from Shibuya and Harajuku with many trains per hour. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011.html. Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a popular choice: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1066456-d32058…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Tokyo

This same question is on the front page right now: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298184-i861-k6636…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Tokyo

We're going for our first time in August and have reserved the Sunroute plaza after reading alot of reviews and advice. If you reserve well ahead of time you may get a good discount - I think we got 30% off for a 5 night reservation. Note that they have two levels of double rooms - the real small one cheaper. And, if you want to splurge, the nearby Century Southern is supposed to be excellent with great views.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Tokyo

We stayed at e hotel Higashi Shinjuku which is central but relatively cheap.

5. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Tokyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 08, 2014