We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Stopover in Tokyo - Hotel suggestions

ajmull
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Short Stopover in Tokyo - Hotel suggestions

We are staying in Tokyo for 2 nights enroute to Sydney and want to stay somewhere central where we can see the main sights.

I am looking for recommendations on a good value mid range or Budget hotel - it is for myself and wife and 3 kids aged from 7 - 14.

Ideal hotel will be easy to get to from Narita and close to tourist sights and good value..

Any advice appreciated..

Travelling mid July.

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Narita
Narita
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Japan Awaits
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips
Joyful Travel Japan
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Dokotrip
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Stopover in Tokyo - Hotel suggestions

What is your lodging budget? For five people, it's going to be a little tough to pull off on a budget in Tokyo. Your best bet is to get a Japanese style room somewhere and have everyone sleep on tatami. Is that acceptable to everyone? Otherwise, you're going to be paying a steep rate to fit everyone into one room or suite.

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Stopover in Tokyo - Hotel suggestions

I would also say that (for hotels) you would need to be looking at 3.5 star hotels because anything budget might be too small. Even having said that, the Shiba Park Hotel for example would probably be around USD140-145 per room per night plus tax so maybe something more traditional as suggested might be the go?? Sounds like fun anyway...the kids would love the experience!!

Mentioned in this post
Shiba Park Hotel
Shiba Park Hotel
1,252 Reviews
Minato, Japan
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Stopover in Tokyo - Hotel suggestions

Ooops, I did mean to say that you would still need to take 2 rooms at a 3,5 star hotel

ajmull
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Stopover in Tokyo - Hotel suggestions

Our Budget would be up to $200 per night - hopefully including Breakfast..

5. Re: Short Stopover in Tokyo - Hotel suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 16, 2009