We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yabusame at Sumida Park in April ?

Level Contributor
620 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yabusame at Sumida Park in April ?

I am trying to get some kind of confirmation where I can reliably experience Yabusame in April. According to asakusa-umai.ne.jp/e_asakusa/…2 it appears that I should expect it in Sumida park on April 20 but I've read so many conflicting reports from previous years.

Is anyone else able to provide me with some solid information?

I know Kamakura Matsuri is also going on during this time but I can't tell when Yabusame takes place.

Likely To Sell Out
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,100 Reviews
from $150.10*
Special Offer
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
95 Reviews
from $58.10*
Mt Fuji Day Trip with Lake Ashi...
921 Reviews
from $135.60*
Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from...
300 Reviews
from $313.80*
Yokohama, Japan
Level Contributor
28 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yabusame at Sumida Park in April ?

Hi Brad

I found reference to this festival in English Tokyo based Magazine, Metropolis*. Here is the link to the event*

Unfortunately the link re the web to get special seating tickets doesnt seem to work!

I am thinking of going along. Enjoy your time in Tokyo.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yabusame at Sumida Park in April ?

Hi Brad, hi Cath,

there's more info on Yabusame on this Taito-ku website, including a map of the venue. It's in Japanese, but with Google Translate or a similar service you can grasp the most important parts of it: http://taitonavi.jp/yabusame.html

And yes, 20th April is correct, held at the park next to Sumida river.

I am also planning to go without the special seating tickets. Cath, still interested in going?

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Yabusame at Sumida Park in April ?

Yabusame should be seen at Tsurugaoka Shirine at Kamakura: The Yabusame this year will be conducted on Sunday, April 21, even though the weather-man reported rain.

Yabusame starts at 1300 hours: However, the passageway is very narrow. So if it is a fine day, both side of passageway is full of people in the morning. You will need to have a small chair if you are not patient to stand up for a couple of hours.

My pics on Yabusame in 2007:

I will be back to Yabusame if rain is not too much.

Edited: 4:25 am, April 19, 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yabusame at Sumida Park in April ?

Looks great in Kamakura! Thanks for the info!

5. Re: Yabusame at Sumida Park in April ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 21, 2014
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question