We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JR east child ticket Q

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
JR east child ticket Q

Me and my husband are looking at travelling to Tokyo when your daughter is about 3/4 years old. I have looked on JR east website and cant see how much (if anything) it costs for an under 6 year old, we only use the local above ground lines. There prices for children start at 6 years but no info on children under that age. Last time we travelled to Tokyo it was just the two of us, very different now we have one in tow!

Any help will be most appreciated.

Jo.

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Likely To Sell Out
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,227 Reviews
from $142.90*
Special Offer
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
111 Reviews
from $55.30*
$73.70
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,108 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JR east child ticket Q

Children 6 or younger ride trains, subways and buses free in Japan :-) She can even ride the Shinkansen free as long as she doesn't occupy a reserved seat!

Mentioned in this post
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JR east child ticket Q

Excellent, that will save us some pennies! Thankyou for your quick reply x

3. Re: JR east child ticket Q

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 01, 2014