We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokyo

Boca Raton
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tokyo

Is anyone going on 'Smartour" this coming May 2013 Tokyo to Kyoto ? Or has any one been on Smartours to Japan

Farkash 22

Aventura, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokyo

hi

i am not going to "smartour".but going to be in tokyo in 5/16.

i would love to cheat and share ideas if you want.

good luck

malik634

Boca Raton
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokyo

5/16 I'll be with the tour.

To bad

Thanks for replying

Aventura, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokyo

i am going to be there with my husband.our first time in japan

i didnt meantwe will meet there(lol).just share ideas here in the forum .

is this tour included hotels,transportations and food?

if you have good hotels to recommend,i would read about them here/

good luck

Boca Raton
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokyo

I booked hotels from tripadvisor,in Tokyo.and sightseeing with JTB Sunrise.i hope it will all be good.

Enjoy

Hawaii
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tokyo

Can you post your experiences in Tokyo? I'm going in Oct with my wife and daughter. We will be traveling to Japan for the first time, and I am wondering how easy it is getting around Tokyo .

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,182 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tokyo

Please do some research at www.japan-guide.com

There's an entire section about Tokyo, including access options from the airport and getting around by subway.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tokyo

I have been to Japan twice and going again in December 2013 - have done a one day tour and found tours are completely unnecessary unless you are not confident or have issues with getting around or no time.

Japan is one of the easiest and most friendly and interesting countries I have ever visited and so much to do and see - I love Japan as a destination, as too my older teenage children.

Trains are really easy to use and people are really helpful. I would prioritise your interests and itinerary then research what you want to visit or see.

Edited: 5:08 am, October 23, 2013
Boca Raton
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tokyo

I have been to Japan in may.2013,

Great country,great friendly people,they'll walk you if you are lost.

I did Tokyo on my own,took same day trips ,did Kyoto on my own and orgenized trip on between.

You have to know what you like to see

I have never been on a subway befor Tokyo but in a fancy hotel,the porter told me about the subway as the taxi is very expensive .since then I tell others about the best and cheap commut

9. Re: Tokyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 25, 2014