We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How cold is it now?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
627 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How cold is it now?

Hi will land in Tokyo this Saturday. Would like to know is it still very cold now? (forecast is 7 to 15 degree) Is a jacket a must or will two layer of clothing be enough? Thanks all for the help.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,344 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How cold is it now?

I recommend bringing a jacket. At night you might feel cold, especially if you are from a tropical zone (Singapore). It's no longer cold though, at least for us who are used to this temperature. Probably I'd be giving my long coat for dry cleaning in a few days.

Edited: 3:51 am, March 14, 2013
Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,542 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How cold is it now?

Today was COLD and seemed especially so as it's been warm for the past couple of days! High of 11C. Now it's 7 C (9 pm Thursday). The weather forecast for the next week is "warmer every day."

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/week/

If you have a "light down" (aka Uniqlo), it will be fine. Wear layers. Day, when the SUN is out, will be warm. T-shirt weather for some of us. Evening will be chilly.

Cherry blossoms are just about "starting to bloom." Some are actually blooming, but the weather folks rely on ONE tree at Yasukuni Shrine to determine the "bloom level." The city will be pink soon! Enjoy!

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,449 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How cold is it now?

Seems like Tokyo gets now warmer than Osaka...when was it chilly gusty winds went on the rampage up there?? Think I saw how they were on TV yesterday. ;)

I've been having a hard time this last week acclimatizing to the early spring weather; still wear like Capt/Lt Columbo down here...wonder when is it I can wear like neat Mr Rogers. ;) Hope spring will come really soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
627 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How cold is it now?

Thanks all for the info. Really looking forward to this trip.......

5. Re: How cold is it now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 16, 2014