We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Japan expats: What food do you miss most from the US?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
337 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Japan expats: What food do you miss most from the US?

My 19yo Japanese cousin and his friend are coming to visit us in Ohio in March for 3 weeks.

I am trying to help plan some typical "American" meals, but wanted to know what else I should introduce them to (food-wise)?

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,542 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Japan expats: What food do you miss most from the US?

BBQ pork sandwiches are unheard of in Japan (except at my house.) lol Definitely treat your guests to that!

Actually, my tacos are pretty good, too! :-) I guess I've been in Japan too long. Don't like American Chinese food. Japanese Chinese is better. In fact, I prefer "Japanese" Italian better than Italian in Italy or in America! Just another opinion.

12. Re: Japan expats: What food do you miss most from the US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 14, 2014